All The Things A Reputable Intimate Waxer Wants You To Know!
You should never be nervous or self conscious about intimate waxing but you do need to know what to look for in a salon, and therapist, to get the best results in a hygienic, safe way.
- Get a consultation and advice before your first treatment. Preparing your skin well will help ensure beautifully smooth results. Exfoliate a week or two prior to your treatment; this will help the hairs break through and make it easier for them to be pulled fully from the root. A cheap exfoliator or body brush is all you need.
- Don’t shave. Allowing all the hairs to fully grow before waxing is a priority. If they’re not long enough, it can be painful, and you’ll have regrowth before you know it.
- Choose a skilled waxer. Most salons offer waxing but that doesn’t mean they all do it well. Intimate waxers should be trained to level 3 standards, check before you book!
- Only accept hot wax. Wax that needs fabric strips should never be used on sensitive and intimate areas. Hot wax is a thick wax that is applied and then removed by hand, as it cools it moves away from the skin and gives a far more comfortable experience. If a salon doesn’t offer hot waxing for intimate areas, avoid at all costs!
- Ask to see the treatment area before you book, if it isn’t spotless, it isn’t the right environment for you.